(RMU) Corvera Airport in Murcia, Spain: The Complete Guide for 2020
Last updated: February 2020
The Corvera airport (RMU) which is located just outside the village of Corvera on the MU601 autovia linking Corvera and Fuente Alamo.
The Corvera airport was officially opened by Spain's King Felipe VI on 15th of January 2019 in the Murcia Region of Spain, having been built back in 2008, up to all the way into 2012, well within Spain’s financial crisis which didn’t end until around 2014 which took the airport by surprise and caused it to remain closed for around 7 years after being built.
The Corvera airport terminal building extends over 37,000 square metres, within the main area there are 24 check-in counters with nine boarding gates. Three of the boarding gates are for Schengen countries and six are for non-Schengen destinations and thus the airport has a capacity of more than three million passengers a year.
Since January 2019, more and more airline companies have been setting new connections, and many more companies are planning to do so in 2020 and onwards.
Which are the destinations Corvera Airport covers in 2020?
Airlines currently cover these destinations, although most are not available year round:
- EasyJet: Bristol, London Gatwick, London Southend, Belfast.
- Ryanair: Birmingham, Bournemouth, Dublin, East Midlands, Glasgow Prestwick, Leeds Bradford, London Luton, London Stansted, Manchester, Palma de Mallorca, Warsaw
- Jet2.com: Leeds Bradford, Manchester
- Norwegian Air: Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger, Trondheim
- Tui: Antwerp, Brussels Charleroi
- Volotea: Asturias
- Smartwings: Prague
Which are the facilities found in Corvera airport?
Apart from easy accessibility for passengers with particular needs which if you need help with you can contact AENA’s 24-hour helpline on (+34) 913 211 000
To use the free assistance service, make sure that:
- Minors are accompanied by an adult.
- No more than three flights can be booked as part of one request.
- You make the Booking at least 48 hours before the flight.
- You must be at the meeting point, two and a half hours before departure.
AENA will ask you to provide the following:
- Contact information, including email addresses.
- Flight number.
- Date and time of the flight(s).
- Your assistance needs
Other facilities that the Corvera airport offers:
- ATMs and Banking operated by Euronet, the cash machines accept most major debit and credit cards.
- Car hire is provided by several companies such as Europcar, Centauro, Goldcar, Avis, Budget, Sixt, Firefly & OK Rent a Car.
- For consumables you will find several restaurants & coffee shops, Subway for varied range of sandwiches, Semba for cold meals, burgers, snacks and drinks, Ibérica shop specialising in traditional Spanish delicacies such as “chorizo” and “morcilla” sausages, oils, pickles, etc.. and then last but not least we have Costa coffee which offers exclusive-blend coffees, snacks, both sweet and savoury.
- The shops currently in the airport are: Submarine which offers a wide range of craft and artisan products, souvenirs, local wines and more. There is also a WHSmith which is Britain’s leading high street booksellers and newsagents. We also have Dufry Duty Free which offers traditional duty free products.
- There are several vending machines found supplying drinks and snacks.
- The car park is covered and has capacity for 1,112 cars, of which 30 spaces are dedicated for PRM use and additionally there are also 528 spaces for car hire parking.
To contact customer services, use the phone number: +34 968 571 846
If you would like to see a walkthrough video, corveraairporttravel.com has made a great one which you can see below.
Is there free Wi-fi at Corvera airport?
Yes, you can register by email, Facebook or LinkedIn or as an Aena Club client and it allows you to register several devices at the same time without any problems.
Steps on how to connect:
- Locate network: “AIRPORT FREE WIFI AENA”.
- Select settings menu.
- Type “freewifi.aena.es” into your browser and confirm.
- Once on the welcome page, register with email, Facebook, etc.
- Fill in access details and accept the terms and conditions.
- If you want to receive commercial communications select the option.
- The service is now ready to use.
- Should you have any problems connecting, you can contact Aena’s customer services department at +34 900 928 053 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I get to Corvera airport?
Corvera airport is not hard to find, it has signs directing you more than 50Km in the surrounding areas on roads and motorways, if you don’t have a car, you can count on Taxi or bus, no train yet, although in July 2018, the national government announced that Madrid and Murcia would be connected by the AVE high-speed rail network this year.
The cities that connect to the airport through bus are: Murcia city, Cartagena, La Manga, Mar Menor, Mazarrón and Águilas.
If you want directions, click on this link to see where Corvera airport is on a map.
What are the departures at the Corvera airport?
What are the arrivals at the Corvera airport?
What more can we expect to happen in the Corvera airport in the near future?
Corvera airport Spain flight connections
- The Murcia-Barcelona connection with Vueling will become operational on 30th of March on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- The Murcia-Palma de Mallorca connection with Ryanair will become operational on 29th of March on Thursdays and Sundays.
- The Murcia-Bilbao connection with Volotea will become operational on 27th of May on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- The Murcia-Asturias connection with Volotea will become operational on 27th of May on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Corvera airport United Kingdom flight connections
- The Murcia-Birmingham connection with Ryanair will become operational on 30th of March on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays.
- The Murcia-Birmingham connection with Jet2 will become operational on 22nd of May on Monday and Fridays.
- The Murcia-Bournemouth connection with Ryanair will become operational on 30th of May on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays.
- The Murcia-Bristol connection with Easyjet will have daily flights starting from 18th of May, for more details download the full list.
- The Murcia-Glasgow Prestwick connection with Ryainair will become operational on 30th of March on Monday and Fridays.
- The Murcia-Leeds bradford connection with Jet2 will start having a multitude of connections starting from the 30th of March.
- The Murcia-London Gatwick connection with Easyjet will start having a multitude of connections starting from the 12th of February.
- The Murcia-London Southend connection with Easyjet will become operational on 28th of March on Wednesday and Saturdays.
- The Murcia-London Stansted connection with Easyjet & Ryanair will start having a multitude of connections starting from the 27th of March.
- The Murcia-Manchester connection with Ryanair & Jet2 will start having a multitude of connections starting from the 27th of March.
Corvera airport Belgium flight connections
- The Murcia-Anberes (Antwerp) connection with TUI will become operational on 7th of April.
- The Murcia-Bruges-Oostende connection with TUI will become operational on 4th of April.
What is the latest news on Corvera airport?
- 16th January 2020: 235 flights diverted to Corvera airport this month due to weather conditions in Alicante airport
- 23rd December 2019: Public bus service contract to be amplified at Corvera airport
- 16th December 2019: Taxi quota halved at Corvera airport due to lack of winter flights.
- 28th November 2019: Barcelona and Morocco flights close to being added to the schedules at Corvera airport.
- 13th September 2019: Corvera airport closed by flooding as gota fría storm takes over.
That’s all the information we have on the Corvera airport in Murcia, if you think the information provided is incorrect, or you would like us to add something, please send an email to email@example.com with the details and we will update this post.